Modern businesses cannot survive without a website and/or a mobile application. Ranging from hospitality and retail, manufacturing to education, every business is competing with each other by creating highly engaging websites and applications. Websites and apps offer extensive reach and visibility. Having your own business website and a mobile app is not a big deal today. But simply creating one for the sake of having it is not enough. Quality is of paramount importance if you want to build or revamp your own website.
Who makes these websites and applications?
It is quite surprising to know that so many entrepreneurs have tried their hand at designing and developing their own websites. Various DIY platforms have allowed individuals to explore this process firsthand. However, the end result was not in compliance with the desired results, in most cases.
Most of the enterprises outsource the web development process to companies specializing in offering these expert services. Full-service web development companies have a team of managers, software engineers, coders, web designers, and marketing professionals. They work closely with their clients in order to bring website and mobile app ideas to fruition.
What does a web development company do?
Typically and primarily, the scope of work for a web development company includes ideating, designing, creating, and maintaining websites and applications. Let us explain this in detail:
Website development services
Websites come in various styles and sizes as is evident from the millions of business sites on the internet. Web development companies can custom build a website for suiting the exclusive preferences and needs of a business. These days, websites are created taking a mobile-first approach, unlike the websites developed during the last ten years. This means website development for smaller (handheld) devices and after that, adapting it for access on a laptop or PC. A web development company takes an approach for creating your website depending on various factors that comprise the following:
• The type of business (B2C / B2B)
• The industry or domain that you operate within
• Your objectives and goals (both short term and long term)
• Your budget for the creation and maintenance of the website
• The geographies and audience demographics that you cater to
Mobile application development services
The need to adopt a mobile-first approach has been realised by business owners. Audiences spend the majority of their time on their smartphones, studies and trends have pointed towards this fact. Applications are also created primarily for mobile usage, just like websites. Below mentioned are the factors that determine how the app development process will pan out:
• Target group demographics
• Purpose of the application
• Type of business and the industry you belong to
• Your budget for building and maintaining the app
• Platforms where you wish to make your business app available (iOS, Android, etc.)
A web development company will build an app and/or website by engaging in the following activities:
• Ideating and freezing the framework, architecture, and navigation
• Coding and programming the backend
• Integrating media elements like videos, images, and audio
• Publishing content and optimising it according to best practices
• Working on designing the User Interface and User Experience at the frontend
• Testing the website and app before it goes live (beta testing)
• Identifying problems and fixing bugs
• Conducting speed and performance testing
• Implementing codes and going live
• Maintaining and updating this online real estate on a regular basis
DigiStreet is a well-known website development company in India that has been ranked amongst the Top 20 Digital Agencies by Silicon India Magazine (April 2015), making it the youngest of the lot. Its exponential growth chart is proof of becoming the most successful digital agency in India.